CALL FOR SONGS - Eurovision 2015 Vienna
MTVA, the Media Service Support and Asset Management Fund and MTV Hungarian Television Ltd. will take part in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest. Both semi-finals and the grand final will be broadcast live fromViennaon channel M1.
MTVA will select Hungary’s representative at the 60th Eurovision Song Contest in a series of live shows broadcast on channel M1, called A DAL 2015, involving a professional jury and audience. The submissions have to be sent to MTVA until 15 November 2014.
Rules for application:
The contestants representing Hungary at the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 represent MTVA and MTV. According to the rules of the EBU it is the participating broadcaster’s sole responsibility and competence to select its representing song and performer for the international competition. In order to determine the songs that will compete in the national semi-finals, a pre-jury will make a pre-selection of the songs sent in until the given deadline and which comply with all the rules and conditions set below. The audience will determine the best songs that make it to the final of A DAL 2015. The winner of the national final will represent Hungary at the ESC2015 inVienna.
1. The compositions (lyrics and music) must not have been commercially released and performed in public before 1 September 2014.
2. The maximum duration of each song is three minutes. Any song which is longer may be disqualified by the EBU (European Broadcasting Union).
3. Only such artists’ submissions are accepted who have previously released a music album or had national radio airplays and/or television appearances, and who have a valid contract with a record company and/or with a professional management.
4. All artists competing on stage must be aged at least 16 on the day of the first semi-final of the Eurovision Song Contest inVienna, i.e. 19 May 2015.
5. Performers of the songs have to be Hungarian citizens or have to speak Hungarian as their native language.
6. Artists against whom criminal procedures are initiated or already conducted before the semi-finals inVienna, or whose behaviour proved to cause a public scandal may be disqualified in any phase of the contest.
7. The applicants acknowledge and agree that the Hungarian National Final (A DAL) is a competition of songs and not of performers. Therefore MTVA has the right to decide upon the performer of a song, if necessary.
8. Songs submitted to A DAL should preferably be written in Hungarian language. However, the contestants may enter their songs in English and/or in any language of officially recognised national and ethnic minorities living inHungaryas well but then the Hungarian translation of the lyrics has to be provided in any case. MTVA has the right to decide upon the language in which the winning song of A DAL is submitted for the Eurovision Song Contest inVienna.
9. Composers who are foreign citizens and whose native language is not Hungarian may only enter the contest if their song is recorded with an artist who complies with the provisions of the call (please pay special attention to the sections 3,4,5,6!).
10. No artist may compete for more than one country in the ESC in the given year.
11. The lyrics and performance of the songs shall not bring the Eurovision Song Contest into disrepute. No lyrics, speeches, gestures of a political or similar nature shall be allowed during the ESC. No swearing or other unacceptable language shall be allowed.
12. Each performance may consist of a maximum of six people on stage. No live animals shall be allowed on stage.
13. The songs must be performed on stage in half-playback which means that all vocals are sung live, accompanied by a recorded backing track. The use of instruments on stage is allowed but only as props and not played live.
14. Applicants who gained admission to the live shows of A DAL 2015 undertake to participate without receiving an extra fee in up to two events organised or promoted by MTVA until 31 December 2015.
15. The winner of A DAL 2015, Hungary's representative at the Eurovision Song Contest and their team undertake to dedicate exclusive attention to the participation in the contest in the time period between the national final and the grand final of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest and will do their best in order to reach the highest possible result, including the compliance with all the deadlines set by MTVA and the EBU and the compulsory participation in promotional events related to the Eurovision Song Contest. All participants of the stage performance undertake to stay inViennaduring the time period determined by MTVA in 2015. Furthermore, the winning artist of A DAL 2015 undertakes to perform without fee at up to five events organised or promoted by MTVA.
16. It is compulsory to sign a licence agreement with the EBU related to the song representing MTVA at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest.
17. The performers and composers declare that no other contract or agreement prohibits them to cooperate with MTVA and MTV and acknowledge that the breach of any of the provisions of the call may result in disqualification.
18. The submission must include:
- the duly filled in and printed submission form and the signed declaration that the applicant acknowledged and accepted the rules for application and fully complies with them;
- the audio material on CD in wav and mp3 file format;
- the lyrics of the song and their Hungarian translation (if applicable) on CD;
- high-resolution press photos of the artist(s) performing on stage and of composer(s) and their biography in Hungarian and English on CD, including the submission form on CD as well;
- the videoclip of the song, if available, on CD (this is not compulsory);
If an artist or composer wishes to submit more than one song, it is mandatory to fill in a separate submission form for each song. The audio and mp3 files, lyrics, photos and biographies can be submitted on one CD if the song titles and the relevant information are clearly indicated.
The above listed materials (documents and CDs) should be sent by registered post in a sealed envelope to the following address:
EUROVÍZIÓS DALFESZTIVÁL – A DAL 2015
H-1037 Budapest, Kunigunda útja 64
Personal delivery of the envelopes at the reception of MTVA's headquarters will be accepted between 10-15 November, from 10:00 to 20:00 daily.
Submissions missing any of the required materials or sent after the deadline, are void.
Please note that MTVA will store all materials for one year after the pre-selection process.
Saturday, 15 November 2014, Midnight!